Everyone wants their car to look fresh, clean and sleek all day long. However, taking your car to get those upgrades can turn out to be very expensive and above your budget range. Don’t worry, there are a few tricks and hacks that will not only make your car look sleek, but will also make your life easier and more comfortable in and around your car.
1. Use toothpaste to clean your headlights. This is an easy trick but it does require some arm strength. Take some toothpaste and rub it all over the plastic cover over your headlights. Allow it to sit for some time and then rinse it with clean water. Let it dry. This will remove the foggy glaze that covers the headlights. If you want it to remain clean, you can either wax it or apply furniture polish.
2. Some cars come with seat warmers. You can use your seat warmers to keep food warm. Just turn on your seat warmers and put food on the seats. This will prevent the food from cooling fast and help it stay warmer longer.
3. If your car has been dinged and you do not want to pay the huge sum of money it will take to fix the small areas, then just buy nail polish that matches the colour of your car and apply it to the areas. The car will not look very good up close but from afar the dents will not be noticeable and the nail polish will make your car look better from far away.
4. Try to park your car facing east. When the sun rises in the east, it will radiate its warmth on your windshield. This will reduce the defrosting time and may even prevent you from having to scrape it off manually.
5. Use a plunger to remove small dents. This is if you do not want to fork out huge sums of money to pay a mechanic to do the exact same thing.
6. Use toothpaste to remove scuff from your car. Take the toothpaste and rub it where the scuff is. Finish by wiping the area clean. It the area was not too scuffed, it may disappear completely.
7. Use a hand sanitizer to remove ice from key holes. The alcohol from the sanitizer melts the ice. The bottle enables you to spray it inside the key hole.
8. If you want to avoid the hot glare from the sun, then attach a plastic sheet to your windshield. The sheet will stick to the window using static energy from the windshield. When you are lounging in your car and need relief from sunlight, you can always try this method.
9. Use a staple remover when you want to add new keys to the key ring. This is especially helpful if the key rings are new because they are very stiff from not being used. Instead of breaking a nail, just use a key ring to make that whole ordeal easy.