You may want to go into the mountains for a vacation with your car. Bringing your car is a good idea since you can go to the local convenience store late at night when you get thirsty.
Since you are not exactly going to a place where the roads are smooth, you need a reliable car that can take you home safely.
Here are some of the best cars that can handle the rugged dirt in order for you to get your once in a lifetime adventure.
1. Jaguar F-Pace is your luxury SUV that combines efficiency with power. The all-wheel-drive uses Intelligent Driveline Dynamics software which can help you handle and minimize understeer. The car can run from 0 to 60 mph in 5 seconds. This car will just roll into uneven terrains in a very smooth manner. You can even take it across frozen lakes and over mountains in Colorado. You can put your mountain bikes or golf bag into its spacious interior. The base price starts at $42,065.
2. Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk can tackle any terrain or track with its Quadra-Trac II® engine. You can switch into five modes. These are snow, auto, sport, sand, mud or rock. This is an SUV that is beyond comfortable. With just one push of a button, the ground clearance will go up to 10.8 inches from 8.2. If you are looking for a jungle adventure, an hour of driving over tree roots, or logs will be very much tolerable. The Goodyear All-Terrain tires can trounce over everything. The base price starts at $30,895.
3. Toyota Tacoma can leave no trail unchallenged. This is very ideal for rough roads if you want to go to the farthest part of the outback. Two of its best features are CRAWL control and Multi-terrain select. The V6 engine together with a 6,800-pound towing capacity is perfect for an adventure in the Appalachian Mountains. The mpg in city or highway is 18/22. The CRAWL can propel the engines even in the most gnarly terrain. This 3.5 L V-6 is very powerful geared for muddy or interstate rides. Price starts at $25,151.
4. Honda Ridgeline is a crossover that will take you anywhere in a luxurious manner. This is a sports utility truck that has a flat cabin floor, bed, and trunks. The 3.5L V6 engine clocks 24.5mpg. You can take your best cooler loaded with beer in its waterproof trunk behind the axle. You can play your favorite songs on the six speakers located under its lighted beds. If you want to go skiing, there are plenty of rooms for your ski gear. This has a 5000-pound towing capacity and an intelligent Variable Torque Management ™ all-wheel drive system that can conquer any rough roads you might encounter. The base price starts at $32,175.
5. Porsche Cayenne is a sports car for five that is open to any adventure. This car has cutting-edge assistance systems and high-quality materials. The luggage compartment capacity can handle up to 1.,710 liters. The center differential locks make all the wheels turn all at once in a single push of a button. This can help you get unstuck from muddy areas. The chassis lift up to 10.8 inches that go beyond any ground clearance of any hardy types of pickups. The corner grips and the braking systems are excellent even if you are racing with other cars along highways. The price is like the other sports car that you can get. It starts at $60,650 which can go up even higher as Porsche will retool the Cayenne in the summer months.